- 1 1/2 lbs salt cod fish 1/2 cup olive oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil2 cups thinly sliced yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- Black pepper
- 2 lbs waxy potatoes, sliced
- 1/4-inch thick and cooked until tender
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 8 green manzanilla olives, sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Soak the cod in cold water to cover for 24 to 36 hours, changing the water occasionally, drain. Flake the cod into small pieces, removing any bones.
- Set aside. In a large saute pan, over medium heat, add 1/4 cup of the oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions and the garlic.
- Season it with salt and pepper. Sauté until slightly golden about 6 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Grease a medium oven proof casserole dish with 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Spread half of the potatoes over the bottom of the prepared dish. Sprinkle half of the salt cod over the potatoes.
- Place half of the onion mixture over the salt cod. Top the onion mixture with more salt cod. Place another layer of potatoes over the top of the cod.
- Drizzle the entire pan with the remaining 1/4 cup of oil.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until golden.
- Place on a serving platter. Garnish with the sliced eggs, olives, paprika and parsley.
Recipe, Recipe, Recipe