Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 3 table spoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces solid semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place eight 6- ounces (3 1/2 – inch diameter) ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet, and coat with cooking spray, set aside.
- Stir flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Attach bowl to mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add egg, milk, oil, vanilla extract and ¼ cup of water, mix on medium low speed until smooth and combined, about 3 minutes
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared ramekins.
- Bake until a cake tester inserted comes out clean. About 20 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack; let cool completely to unmold.
- Trim each cake to 1 inch. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cut eight 10 3/4 by 4 inch strips of parchment paper.
- Wrap a parchment collar around base of each cake keeping bottom flush with baking sheet. Secure each collar with tape. Set aside.
- Transfer bittersweet chocolate mousse to a large pastry bag fitted with a large round tip.
- Pipe a 1 inch layer of mousse into each parchment collar.
- Refrigerate until mousse is set. About 20 minutes. Repeat with milk chocolate mousse. Refrigerate at least 4 hours up to overnight.
- Microwave semisweet chocolate until slightly warm; not melted about 30 seconds. Scrap at 45 degree angle with a vegetable peeler, forming curls. Garnish with chocolate curls.
Recipe, Recipe, Recipe, Recipe