- 3 large organic egg whites
- 6 TBS white sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170°F
- In a large grease-free mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites to soft peaks. While continuously whisking, slowly add the sugar until you have a stiff glossy mixture. Mix in the vanilla extract until combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper,
- Pour the mixture into a piping bag and pipe the meringues as desired onto the sheet.
- Bake for about2:30hours with the oven door semi-open (a trick of the tray is to use a wood spoon to keep the door open.
- After the2:30hours of baking close the oven door and bake a little more until they are dry. (If you prefer them chewy skip this process.)
To make colorful meringues simply add food coloring of your choice to the mixture.